On my way to the food court with CHAY and ryaN, I had an encounter.The sidewalk in front of our building is a covered walkway that construction companies set up to protect innocent pedestrians from falling concrete.
As I was turning the corner to enter the walkway, what can only be described as a "street witch" put a HEX on me.
She jumped right in front of me (a little hop in my direction).
One arm up with the hand in a claw position, the other hand also up holding a lit cigarette.
Teeth bared, mouth slightly open. SCARY TEETH.
Wise, somewhat mocking, eyes.
Moon boots for shoes.
A tattered skirt, shirt, and coat.
Long ratty brown hair.
What did the curse sound like? A hiss like a cat makes.
My heart jumped and I was frozen in place for about 10-15 seconds.
Thankfully I recovered quickly and stepped around her and kept walking.
Thanks to CHAY and ryaN for your protection...oh wait, all they did was laugh...and avoid the hex.
I never knew a trip to the food court could be so dangerous.
6 comments:
What's the matter with you? The D'Nell that I remember would have started hissing back!!!!!
I haven't had something so random and so funny happen like that in a long time. Holy cow...I laughed my head off! It was soooo funny. I'm lucky that D'Nell got the hex and not me.
What is wierd though is that the picture posted for D'Nell's entry is actually a very close sketch of street witch. Scary.
After sharing our story of the encounter with the said "Street Witch", our co-workers verified that she frequents the food court. D'Nell will now be on a "Witch Hunt" to try and capture a photograph. Hopefully the Hex is not too severe. D'Nell stopped in her tracks and could not speak while the hissing witch was right in her face. I said "Hello" to the witch and got no reply.
-ryaN
That's....awesome. I once got chased by a crazy man. But he didn't put a hex on me. You're so lucky.
I had a similar situation in Portugal with this Gypsy woman. Scared the heck out of me to be honest. She grabbed onto me and was not going to let me go, while saying some Portuguese phrases over and over. TravDean pulled her off me finally, and we started to walk away. Looking back, she made some hand movement and yelled something, which I later learned was somewhat of a HEX.
I have never been the same.
I hope your outcome is somewhat better.
That is crazy, I don't think it is safe for you to work downtown.
Post a Comment