clean house. clean heart. clean mind.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Shoes New Shoes















Every Girl needs new shoes every once in awhile. Well on Saturday...I was treating myself. I called it "You've been 30 for a week and haven't had a complete meltdown so you get a reward day." I went shopping to one of my favorite stores TJ Maxx/Home Goods at Brickyard. I tried on no less than 12 pairs of shoes...really cute ones that I would have purchased if I had a bigger budget. I finally settled on these pink beauties. I have been on the look out for some fun dress up shoes. I still need 3 or 4 more pair to make the collection complete.

After purchasing the shoes, I promptly went to get my toes done...in a matching pink color of course. Instantly, I felt renewed POWER and INVINCIBILITY to face another week of being 24...oops...I meant 30. Ladies, isn't it amazing how such simple things like getting a pedicure of finding the right pair of shoes, etc can just give you that extra little boost when you are having a bad day? I love it.

So, the next day I went to see my newest niece Hannah. Her big sister Liberty had her new pink shoes on too. Of course I needed to get a picture of us together. I think hers might be slightly cuter...I mean sparkles and a bow? How could I top that?


This me and my cute nieces. Liberty is such a good big sister and loves Hannah...a little too much. Erin has to SAVE Hannah from Liberty's love on a daily basis.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

once again... a complete and total disaster in the shoe category. one day you will learn, grasshopper. one day you will learn. ~ jl

Tracie said...

I just had to tell you that as I was reading your blog about your new shoes Carter looks at the pictures and says "Oooh, pretty!" So you definately have the approval of the 2 year olds! Plus, I think that they are great! Especially if they made you feel fabulous!

Jill Manning said...

You are right, it is pretty amazing that how new shoes and pretty toes can help us feel empowered and rejuvenated...I love it!!! And I am obsessed with Home Goods, we don't have one in Yuma (obviously) but there is one in Mesa and I love it soooo much! Don't you just love being a girl?

malibumoons said...

o my heck, speaking of pedicure. i have never in my whole life had one. so, i am jealous and totally want one now. maybe someday. i told my husband that if he is ever stumped as to what to get me, he can get me a pedicure...

Jodi said...

Shopping always makes me feel better. Nice find, those are definatly a cute shoe for summer! I love the color.

Tanner said...

Love the TJ Maxx!

Ashley said...

Let's plan a day to get pedicures together, I want cute toes, too!