My current favorite documentary is "Long Way Round", where Ewan McGregor and his friend Charlie take a motorcycle trip around the world. Besides getting to admire Ewan McGregor for 6 hours, they drive through some of my favorite parts of the world. Eastern Europe, Russia, and Tibet. I am intrigued by this part of the world, or pretty much any part of the world where I haven't been. It was so interesting that I am slightly embarrassed with the number of day(s) it took me to watch all 6, 1 hour long, episodes.Now, imagine my delight, when my friend Shannon's husband, in a comment on his blog, mentioned that they are making a sequel..."Long Way Down". This time they will take a motorcycle trip from England to the tip of Africa. I can hardly wait. If you are ever in doubt and want a good series to rent or check out at the library (which is what I did), this is a must see. Seriously, I loved it!
3 comments:
I began watching this very hesitantly but after just a short time I was hooked! I too am ashamed to admit how few days it took us to watch it. We'd finish an episode and it'd be 11:30 or midnight and we had to keep going and were really disappointed when we had made it through all of the episodes. I've recommended it to many people. Do be aware that there is language in it. But as Dallas said, "If I went through what they did, I'd be swearing too, and probably a lot worse!" I also read the book about the journey. It gave a few more insights but you'd be best off just sticking to the movie.
My FAVORITE part, where every time I watch it or think about it, was when they went to the high class spa in, was it, Kazikstan? I'm laughing right now thinking of that scene.
p.s. I am a friend of Shannon's and I'm blog surfing on a sunday afternoon.
Post a Comment