clean house. clean heart. clean mind.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

This blog is inspired by Jill who listed her top 5 guilty pleasures. I don't know that these are my top 5, but they are definitely close to the top.




1. Purses/bags. I seriously love them. I even name them. Last night I took the purse I was currently using (New Job Purse) and Florence (I bought this purse in Florence Italy) to my mom's with me...I was going to switch out purses. (I really really love Florence and missed her just a tad.) I did switch purses...but with a new purse I bought last night. My new purse is named Red, and came with a clutch purse, which I have named Baby Red. (Dang the sale on bags at Smith's Market Place...there is another bag I want to buy...but I am trying to restrain myself!)



2. Sparkles/Glitter. I don't know why...maybe I am still just a child. But I love stuff with Sparkles. I wore my new shoes yesterday and today after work that have sequin stars on them. They make me smile!




3. Reading. I love to read. I loved that I got to spend most of the day Monday reading. No worries, I wasn't being lazy, I was at the DMV for a really long time. I didn't really mind because I got to read! I read 3 books in the last week. (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse). Love it!



4. Shopping/Wandering through stores. I like to get up early on Saturdays and shop. I like to do this by myself or with a good shopping partner. (I lost my shopping partner monts ago and I need another one.) I don't always buy something, but it is fun to get ideas and see pretty things. It also helps me in the decorating department. I like to see lots of things so I can narrow down what I want to use. Ask anyone who has shopped with me when I am looking for something (example: Duvet/Comforter) it can take me a REALLY REALLY long time to make up my mind (like a year...it seriously took me a year to find a duvet).



5. Pictures. I like taking pictures and looking at pictures...they don't even have to be my own. My Grandma Swasey kept all her picture albums in the NICE living room. I would ALWAYS look at all the albums every time I went to her home. I loved them. I think I like pictures so much because they help me remember and they stir some kind of emotion. When looking at old pictures of my parents or family or whoever, I like to use my imagination and create a story around the picture. I took about 300 pictures in the first month I had my new digital camera. Whoa!

What are your guilty pleasures?

Thanks Jill, what a fun List! (p.s. If I can remember I am posting the picture of "Operation: Wear Everything You Own!)

2 comments:

Tringali Family said...

I read those 3 books within a weeks time frame too! Weren't they so good?

Shannon Smith said...

Okay, so now that two of you have recommended these books, I better get reading! I'm thinking about my guilty pleasures, I'll let you know.