3 things I love about Ardell:1. She is her own person. She doesn't need to be hip, or have the latest or best anything. She is who she is and doesn't apologize for it. She taught her children the same values.
2. She likes to "party". Party in Ardell (and Dean) lingo is going out to lunch with friends, dinner with family, or socializing. I spoke with my mom just now and asked what she did today, her answer: "I partied. I went to lunch with my high school friends."
3. Her love of family. She loves her children unconditionally, which doesn't mean she always likes us, but she always loves us. Growing up I never heard "your dad's family" or "my family" it was always "our family" meaning she doesn't think of my dad's family as something less related than her family. She has always made my dad's side of the family feel like they are related a lot closer than just through marriage. She also gets just as excited to learn about my dad's family history as she does her own.
I just love my mom. She is the best ever and make me laugh often!
2 comments:
I know Ardell and she is twice as hip as anyone else. Just ask Dr. HIckman
I like her definition of partying, it is right up my alley.
Post a Comment