clean house. clean heart. clean mind.

Monday, July 7, 2008

PipeLINE.

I wanted to go on a hike. Jamie suggested PiPeline...because it was flat. Which was true. The trail to get to PIPEline...not so much flat as it is STRAIGHT up HILL.

I loved every minute of it. Yes, it was really hard, yes my body was so stiff for 32 hours afterwards, but I loved it. Completing the hike reminded me that I can do HARD things. I CAN do hard things. I just have to have faith and keep moving forward.

This is Jamie and I. She really is a great hiking partner. Great conversation, lots of laughs, and very patient! (Me, not looking super hot.) I look pretty happy because I think the hard part is over. I was wrong, so very wrong.

This was a beautiful part of the trail. It was getting later and the trees covered the trail like a tunnel. Also, this part is pretty darn steep.
Here I am finally on the PIpeLIne trail. It is almost completely flat.
This is from the trail...can you see our cars below? So, I am afraid of heights...and was having flashes of tripping and then falling off the side of the cliff. No worries. I am safe and didn't trip once.

The salt Lake Valley. It was so beautiful! Also, I loved my camel pack! Everyone should get one...seriously.

9 comments:

ZaCarrie said...

That looks fun and pretty. Where is this trail and how do you get to it?

Mary Elizabeth said...

Looks like a great hike! How do you get to it? We are looking for new hikes in the SL area. Great job conquering it!

Anonymous said...

What are you doing posting things like this get to the interesting stuff. Do what your elders tell you!

Jill Manning said...

DNEll, you are a super woman, don't ever forget that! It looks like a great hike, especially with views like that!!! Way to go DNell!

Jodi said...

Wow, what a beautiful hike. Good for you.

Tanner said...

Camel Packs are the best for concealing alcohol in public! Not that I'd ever do such a thing...

Tringali Family said...

How beautiful. That is what I really miss about Utah, just taking off on a hike in the mountains nearby. I would do that so much at the UofU....

Jessi said...

I want to know if you fell down, twisted your ankle, and yelled "Go get my car"? Or am I the only one who had those fun times with you?

~Silly me said...

love the pics and telling of the hike, didyou notice my camel pack in my pics of MY hike on my blog?